Are you a passionate mid-weight, web developer looking to join a friendly team, building life changing products and digital services using the WordPress platform?
Then take a look. This might be the right role for you.
Strictly no recruiters please.
Mid-weight web developer
We have a fantastic opportunity for a web developer with agency experience to join the Mixd team. The successful new team member will get to work on Public and Private sector WordPress and PHP projects from our newly designed Leeds City centre offices.
The ideal candidate should have at least 3+ years of agency experience working with bespoke WordPress projects.
- Write clean, semantic HTML
- Write lean, optimised, responsive CSS using Sass and BEM methodologies
- Write PHP using version 7+
- A solid understanding of MySQL
- Can build WordPress themes from scratch
- Experience in version control via Git/Github
- Enthusiastic problem solver and are capable of adapting to varying client briefs
- A team player
- Command Line experience
- Knowledge of NPM
- Experience with Linux administration
- Agile methodology
- Scrum experience using Asana/Zenhub/Jira e.t.c.
- API Integration
- Building reusable components
- Creating CRUD functionality through WordPress utilising Advanced Custom Fields
- Creating bespoke WordPress functionality including plugin development
- Working in an agile way to meet client expectations
- Working with open source as both a user and a contributor
- Liaising with clients on projects specs, feedback and support requests
- Working with our senior developers to improve and refactor our workflow, adapting to new industry standards and best practices
- Cross browser compatibility
- Mentoring and tutoring junior members of the team
- Engaging with our Work In The Web workshops and university guest lecturing
Working at Mixd
This is a full time position working from our brand new office based in a prestigious building directly above Leeds train station. We are a tight knit team of creatives and developers, working with exciting clients including the NHS and other public sectors. You will work on a range of client projects as part of our team and you will have the opportunity to take ownership of these projects and work directly with clients to create meaningful solutions that you can be proud of.
We are a team led organisation and have a methodical project management process in place that we have developed over many years.
We organise regular social events and an annual Mixd Adventure which have seen the team swinging from trees, abseiling down waterfalls and visiting the Christmas markets in Berlin!
We understand that life can be hectic and so offer our valued team members flexible working hours, giving you more freedom to fit in whatever life throws at you. You can have the options of early starts, early finishes and planned remote working days.
The role also gives the opportunity to branch out into various other aspects of the business, depending on Mixd’s needs and your own personal aspirations. Most importantly you’re joining a dedicated team with a passion for excellence where you’ll have the opportunity to be involved in shaping the future of our projects and our business.
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays – you’ll earn more the longer you stay with us *
- A MacBook Pro plus a second screen and workstation
- Competitive salary, bonus and incentive schemes
- Coaching programme as a part of your professional and personal development
- We reward successful new business leads
- Social events – we are well known for our annual adventure
- Great office space; fully air-conditioned, ergonomic chairs, break out spaces and snug area
- Regular team breakfasts/ lunches and plenty of tea and good coffee in the office
- Free hosting – if you have a private project you can host the site on one of our servers
- Cycle to work scheme with secure bike store and showers at the office
- Gym membership or other fitness activities allowance
- A generous budget for national and international conferences
Leave a comment