Are you a passionate WordPress developer looking to join a friendly team building life changing products and digital services using the WordPress platform? Take a look
Strictly no recruiters please.
We are recruiting a new WordPress Developer to join the Mixd team. We have a fantastic opportunity for a developer to work on Public and Private sector WordPress and PHP projects from our Leeds City centre offices.
The ideal candidate should have at least 2+ years of agency experience working with bespoke WordPress projects.
- Be able to write clean, semantic HTML
- Be able to write lean, optimised, responsive CSS using Sass and BEM methodologies
- You can write PHP using version 7+
- You have a solid understanding of MySQL
- You can build WordPress themes from scratch
- Experience in version control via Git/Github
- You are an enthusiastic problem solver and are capable of adapting to varying client briefs
- You are a team player
- Experience with Laravel
- Command Line (CLI)
- Knowledge of NPM
- Experience with *Nix server administration
- PHP Standards e.g. PSR/2
- Agile methodology
- Scrum experience using Trello/Asana/Jira e.t.c.
- API Integration
- Building reusable components
- Creating CRUD functionality through WordPress utilising Advanced Custom Fields
- Creating bespoke WordPress functionality including plugin development
- Working in an agile way to meet client expectations
- Working with open source as both a user and a contributor
- Liaising with clients on projects specs, feedback and support requests
- Working with our lead developer, senior developers and system admins to improve and refactor our workflow, adapting to new industry standards and best practices
- Cross browser compatibility
- Mentoring and tutoring junior members of the team
- Engaging with our Work In The Web workshops and university guest lecturing
Working at Mixd
This is a full time position working from our office in Leeds. We are a tight knit team of creatives and developers. You’ll be working with some exciting clients including the NHS and other public sectors. You will work on a range of client projects as part of our team and you will have the opportunity to take ownership of projects and work directly with clients to create meaningful solutions that you can be proud of.
We are proudly a team led organisation and we have a methodical project management process that we have developed over many years.
We organise regular social events and an annual Mixd Adventure which have seen the team swinging from trees, abseiling down waterfalls and visiting the Christmas markets in Berlin!
We understand that life can be hectic and so we offer our valued team members flexible working hours, giving you more freedom to fit in what life throws at you. You can have the options of early starts, early finishes and planned remote working days.
The role also gives the opportunity to branch out into various other aspects of the business, depending on Mixd’s needs and your own personal aspirations. Most importantly you’re joining a dedicated team with a passion for excellence where you’ll have the opportunity to be involved in shaping the future of our projects and our business.
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays – you’ll earn more the longer you stay with us *
- A MacBook Pro plus a second screen and workstation
- Competitive salary, bonus and incentive schemes
- We reward successful new business leads
- Social events – we are well known for our annual summer adventure
- Regular team breakfast/ lunches and plenty of tea and La Bottega Milanese coffee in the office
- Free hosting – if you have a private project you can host the site on one of our servers
- Cycle to work scheme with secure bike store and showers at the office
- Gym membership or other fitness activities allowance
- A generous budget for national and international conferences
Leave a comment