Date created: Friday 19th March 2021
Job title: Account Executive
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000-£30,000 depending on experience.
A full-time Account Executive role based in our Leeds city centre office. The role will require you to plan and manage client engagements across the project lifecycle from kick-off through to delivery on public sector digital projects with clients like the NHS, Police, local authorities and education. Ideally, you will have previous digital agency experience in a project management or account executive role. You’ll report to our Digital Director and work closely with our Studio Manager to help plan, manage and deliver great work on time, to budget and to specification.
About this role
Collaboration and team working are key to this role. You will have the ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally and the confidence to develop great working relationships in an effective and friendly manner.
The role provides the opportunity to work across all the departments within the company including sales, user experience (UX), creative, development, content and delivering content management system training. The primary responsibility will be managing the day-to-day operations of projects and you will need to manage multiple projects whilst providing the project management expertise to deliver efficiently. We value people who show an interest in user-centred design, a passion for managing projects, strong attention to detail with great written and spoken communication skills.
You will work closely with our Digital Director, Studio Manager and team leads in a supportive and nurturing environment with excellent training opportunities. Because of that, you don’t need to be experienced in all areas of digital – our only requirement is that you have proven experience planning, managing and coordinating projects and/or teams and be open to learning from others.
- Deliver your assigned projects on time and to budget. We will judge your success by comparing the actual profitability of your projects to their projected profitability and their final delivery date to their projected date (although we know that things change and there’s always a story to tell alongside the figures).
- Make project delivery smooth and straightforward, anticipating and resolving problems wherever possible. You will do this by consulting with clients on new opportunities; preparing estimates, contracts and invoices; organising project kick-offs, daily stand-ups and retrospectives; and by setting up and managing clear client communication lines using our established process and procedures.
- Manage the financial aspects of projects including delivering accurate financial reports both internally and to clients.
- Identify and mitigate risks on projects and troubleshoot issues quickly with minimal disruption. You’ll escalate problems appropriately.
- Manage and plan resource for your projects and support tasks working closely with our Studio Manager. Balancing client needs and budgets with the needs of the wider team and ensuring you maintain a work/life balance both for yourself and our team members.
- Provide day-to-day direction and leadership for project teams. Checking in daily to ensure they have everything they need to work effectively and efficiently.
- Coordinate and manage project deliverables.
- Produce weekly project status reports (both internally and externally).
- Manage project communication with clients via email, telephone, video calls and in face-to-face meetings (COVID permitting, this role may involve travel).
- Address client queries effectively and in a timely manner.
- Produce and manage estimates and invoices.
- Setup and manage project Gantt charts (project timelines).
- Arrange meetings and prepare agendas, minutes and other reports as required.
- Test/check work thoroughly before it is shared with a client to ensure that it meets the brief/requirements and is working as expected. Raising bugs/or sharing feedback as a result of your testing will also be necessary.
- Assist in project development, research and requirement gathering.
- Assist in planning and scheduling work as required.
- Assist in delivering training to clients on content strategies, WordPress and Accessibility.
- Assist in business development including proposal and tender writing and presentations.
Your personal qualities and experience:
- You must have great communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to listen and articulate complex ideas clearly, vividly and concisely. You’ll demonstrate strong attention to detail and be confident in presenting at meetings and workshops.
- Ideally, you’ll have practical experience of project management methodologies and practices but this is not essential.
- You’ll have been educated to degree level, or have equivalent demonstrable experience.
- You have the right to live and work in the UK.
Working at Mixd
This is a full-time position working from our office in Leeds. However, as a team, Mixd has been working remotely since March 2020 and we anticipate this continuing for the next several months so are committed to supporting a remote workforce in the short-term. Long-term we are offering flexibility around remote, giving you the freedom to work around your lifestyle. It is expected that you would be in the office at least three days per week.
You can expect all the usual agency benefits and perks but more importantly, you will be joining an enthusiastic and friendly team of creatives and developers, with a passion for excellence. Our new offices are right in the heart of Leeds with very easy access to the national rail network (the station is right below the office) where everyone has their own workspace.
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays – you’ll earn more the longer you stay with us *
- A Macbook plus a second screen and workstation
- Competitive salary, bonus and incentive schemes
- We reward successful new business leads
- Social events
- Regular team breakfast/ lunches and plenty of tea and coffee in the office
- Free hosting – if you have a private project you can host the site on one of our servers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fitness activities allowance
- A generous budget for national and international conferences and learning resources
- Public speaking support – grow your profile
- Opportunity to shape and grow with the agency
* Additional holidays are awarded every year after you’ve completed 2 years of service.
If you would like some more information about this job vacancy or work at Mixd in general please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.