Joining us means you’ll work with organisations on projects that make a real difference to people’s lives. From the NHS and healthcare, through to education, government, charities and the wider public sectors.
Founded in 2004, Mixd is a user-centred digital agency specialising in web accessibility. We’re a multidisciplinary team of designers, engineers and delivery experts with a diverse mix of user experience design expertise. We work extensively with the NHS and wider public sectors, helping teams to create and run great public services.
At Mixd, we specialise in web accessibility and have been designing accessible websites that meet WCAG standards for almost 20 years. Designing and building accessible digital services is a key feature of our delivery process, aligning fully to the Government Service Standard. As well as offering accessibility training and testing within projects, we also offer accessibility audits and consultancy to support compliance with the Public Sector Bodies Accessibility Regulations.
Senior WordPress Engineer
As a Senior WordPress Engineer, you will lead by example when working on projects, meeting with clients, giving critical feedback etc. Public Sector experience recommended. You’ll bring a blend of front-end and back-end expertise, leading the planning and development of projects, features, functionality and logic across enterprise-level projects for the NHS and other public sectors. WordPress experience is essential and the ideal candidate has previous experience in a senior position. Prior experience working in the public sector is also favourable.
As a WordPress Engineer, you will bring a blend of front-end and back-end expertise, leading and supporting the development and planning of projects, features, functionality and logic across enterprise-level projects for the NHS and other public sectors.
If you’re happy to work with our wider team for the duration of a project and can bring a unique and interesting skill to the table, we’d love for you to get in touch.
We are a remote-first business, with people based all around the UK. However, our Leeds city centre studio, just a few minutes walk from Leeds railway station, is open for those that want to work onsite or you can do a combination of both. You will need to work both independently and as part of a remote team and will have the opportunity to meet the rest of the company at our annual company meetup and with members of the rest of your team on a regular basis.
We offer a competitive salary, negotiable depending on qualifications and experience. On top of this we have a generous benefits package, including pension scheme, flexible hours, 25 days holiday growing to 30 days over time (and your birthday off), social events and our annual retreat, electric vehicle and cycle to work schemes and a wellbeing health and fitness allowance.
- Flexible working to support your wellbeing and personal commitments.
- A creative office environment above Leeds station.
- Annual £1,000 personal learning and development allowance.
- Coaching programme for professional and personal development.
- Up to 30 days annual leave (pro rata)
- Birthday off.
- Apple Macbook Pro and monitor.
- Competitive salary and annual discretionary bonus.
- Employer contributed pension.
- Retreats: When we can, we meet in person for company get-togethers.
- Regular social events subsidised by the company.
- Generous maternity and shared parental leave package.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Electric vehicle scheme coming soon.
- Up to £40 per month wellbeing budget.
- Sabbaticals: Take a 4-week break, fully paid, after every 7 years with Mixd.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Appointments will be made subject to a background check
- We work a flexible hybrid of remote and/or together in our Leeds studio.
- You may be required to attend in person for some workshops or events, so expect some face-to-face contact and travel now and then.
- We welcome remote applicants from anywhere in the UK, assuming you’re able and happy to travel to gather with the rest of the team in Leeds once a month or so.
- We aim to get in touch with candidates within two weeks of contacting us.
- We’ll review your application to see if we think there might be a role at Mixd for you. If we do, we’ll invite you to an informal call with one of our engineering team to talk about you and what you want and see if there might be a good fit. From there, we might invite you to a structured interview with 2 members of the team, who score your answers independently before any discussion with each other.
- Mixd is an equal opportunities employer committed to ensuring that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
Please, no recruitment agencies! You’ll be wasting your time and ours.